Hello Stampendous friends! Asia here :). I love Autumn (or Fall depending on your preference!), all the reds, yellows and browns sizzling in the September sun… such a fantastic nature’s spectacle! So today I will be sharing a 3D tag in lovely autumnal shades. I will also show you a quick and fun way to create your own DIY sparkly acorns :).
OK, here we go! Let’s start with the acorns.
1. You will need glass oval beads, jewellery pins and pliers, Stampendous Bronze Crushed Glass Glitter and DODZ™ – 3D from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
2. Adhere your DODZ 3D to the top of the bead. Keep the clear protective sheet in place for now. Tap this dimensional dot around to form a nice acorn ‘hat’.
3. Thread the jewellery pin through the protective sheet and the inside of the bead. Cut the excess wire off and finish the end with a loop using the pliers.
4. Gently pull the the protective sheet over the top of the pin. Cover the adhesive with Bronze glitter. Your sparkly acorn is ready!
5. For the tag you will need: inky card for the background, dimensional frame (I upcycled a protective foam casing from my new phone), selection of distress inks, selection of your favourite Stampendous stamps (I used Perfectly Clear Trees and Leaves, Halloween Charms, Santos Angel, Elegant Borders and cling Jumbo Leaves).
6. Randomly stamp your chosen images using distress inks. Start with the lightest colour and build your layers through darker shades.
7. Fill the images with more colour using pencils or markers.
8. Blend some more ink through stencils.
9. Add more interest with texture paste through a diamond stencil. Allow to dry thoroughly. Add more stamping if desired.
10. Cover your frame with Boss Gloss and heat emboss with Golden Sand Embossing Powder and Vintage Mahogany Embossing Tinsel (I just LOOOOVE that powder!).
11. Stamp the Jumbo Leaves onto handmade paper of thin card.
12. Add some colour with the distress inks, use your free template as a guide.
To finish the tag adhere all the elements together, add embellishments, ribbons and flowers and sprinkle with a golden mist.
If you’d like to see more close up photos of the tag, be sure to hop over to my blog here.
Who’s up for playing with some colourful autumnal leaves today? Don’t forget to link up your beautiful Fall makes to our September challenge – join the Fall Fun!
Thank you for visiting today!
Big crafty hugs