Cath Edvalson, Trends Editor for Paper Crafts Magazine, is showing off some of our new stamps on her blog. If you follow “THIS LINK” to her blog and leave a comment by midnight EDT on Sunday, September 4th, and you’ll have a chance to win one of our stamps!
Blog Star, Cindy Coutts, Put our Skating Penguins on Ice, Shaved Ice that is. We now carry a new product in our Frantage Line, that looks just like little bits of translucent, glowing shavings of ice. Great for winterizing your cards and crafts.
Penguins on Ice by Cindy Coutts
This is what the Shaved Ice looks like close up
Stamps: Stampendous Cling Skating Penguin
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink (Shimmer White)
Ink Pads: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Markers/Colored Pencils: Copic (B26, G19, R27, Y08, YR07)
Other Accessories/Embellishments: Stampendous Shaved Ice
Ribbon/Twine: Papertrey Ink (Royal Velvet 5/8” Saddle Stitch Ribbon)
Machine(s)/Tool(s): ProvoCraft Cuttlebug, Stampin’ Up! Stamp-a-ma-jig
Size: 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
1. Cut black card stock to A2 size so that the crease is at the top.
2. Cut a piece of white shimmer card stock to 5-1/4 x 4.
3. Stamp penguin images onto the white card stock. Stamp your first penguin image on the left so that about only 3/4 of the image is showing. Continue to stamp the images across the card stock.
4. Color in the penguins using various bright colors.
5. Tie a purple ribbon at the top of the white card stock knotting it at the left side.
6. Place foam tape on the back of the image panel and adhere to the black card stock.
7. Liberally apply liquid glue at the bottom of the image panel and sprinkle on Shaved Ice.
NOTE: When using black ink on shimmer paper, I discovered it really dulls the black ink so there’s several ways that you can bring out the color such as using crystal lacquer, painting shimmer or glitter on the image.