Hello Stampendous fans! Time for another inspiration from your favourite Foreign Correspondent Asia King :). Today is quite special because not only I’m sharing a scrapbook page but it’s a layout of my Dream Day – my Wedding Day that is :).
Let’s start the creative process, shall we?
For the first stage you will need: kraft and patterned papers, mini mister, sanding file, Martha Stewart decorative punch, Vintage Photo distress ink, blending tool.
First, we are going to distress the edges using a technique I first saw in the UK’s Scrap365 magazine.
1. Your kraft card will be your base – you can distress it or leave it unchanged, as I did here.
2. Punch a decorative border all around the patterned page that will be your first background layer. Keep changing the angle of the punch to get an uneven pattern – this will add to a ‘tattered’, vintage look.
3. For the other papers spray some water with a mini mister around all the edges and leave it for a minute or so. This will soften the papers ready for the next step.
4. Working your way all along the edges pinch, crunch and wrinkle the papers. Then leave the papers to dry.
5. When dry, smooth the creases slightly and distress with the sanding file. Distress further with the distress ink. Once you’re happy with the look, adhere the layers together except the top patterned paper (we will come back to it in step 11).
For this step you will need: Cling Ruffled Corset stamp (UK peeps click here), stamping handle, Coffee Archival ink, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Viva Decor Transparent Croco, spatula, Inktense pencils (or alcohol markers), water brush, decorative card from leftover packaging, 3d foam pads and ivory card. Oh – and you also need a photo to scrap!
6. Stamp the Ruffled Corset with Coffee ink onto the cream card twice. The ink will react with the Croco medium and fade slightly adding to a vintage distressed look. If you want a sharper image use StazOn or Memento ink instead.
7. Colour the corsets with your pencils/pens. Cover with Croco medium and leave to dry.
8. When dry, cut the stamped images into 3/4 width, one from the left and the other one from the right. Cut three matts from the decorative packaging card. Mount the corsets and the photo onto them with 3d foam pads.
9. Embellish the panels with Liquid Pearls as shown.
For this step you will need: Shabby White Embossing Enamel (UK crafters click here), Beacon’s 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue, Lettuce Colour Wash, Gold Cosmic Shimmer Mist, selection of lace, ribbons and fabric flowers, burlap, eyelets and eyelet setting tool.
10. Randomly spray the colour wash and the shimmer mist over the lace, ribbons and flowers.
11. Sprinkle the Shabby White enamel in the bottom right corner of the remaining patterned paper. Heat from underneath with a heat gun and watch the shabby magic happen. Repeat in the opposite corner.
12. Punch 8 holes in the enamelled areas and embellish with eyelets. Thread ribbons through the eyelets to mirror the lace up corsets. Finish the lace ups with bows and previously died flowers.
13. Adhere the last layer to the rest of the background papers.
14. Arrange the burlap, lace and images over the page and when you’re happy with the layout, fix them in place with the 3 in 1 glue.
Now onto my favourite part. You will need Champagne and Fresh Green glitters from the Glass Glitter kit, 3 in 1 glue, Shabby White moulded flowers, selection of additional pearl brads, sparklies and flowers.
15. Add pearls/brads and jewels as accents around the main photo panel.
16. Trace around the main photo with a generous layer of 3 in 1 glue, add some glue partially over the brads too.
17. Sprinkle the glass glitters over the glue.
18. Arrange a flower cluster below the photo from the fabric and moulded enamel flowers (you can watch my moulded flowers tutorial here).
For the final part you will need: Shabby White EE, embossing ink, die cut alphas, Lettuce Colour Wash, additional alpha stickers and die cuts.
19. Spray the die cut alphas with the colour wash and allow to dry.
20. Swipe the embossing ink over the letters leaving some areas dry. Sprinkle the Shabby White powder over the letter and heat with a heat tool.
21. Arrange all alphas and die cuts over the page and adhere with the 3 in 1 glue.
If you’d like to see additional close up photos of this layout, be sure to visit my blog!
I hope you enjoyed sharing my Dream Day with me! What would be/has been your dream day? Let me know in the comment below :).