Hello Stampendous friends! Asia King here reporting all the way from the UK. I hope you are having a very enjoyable autumnal weekend :). As the evenings get longer and colder, I can’t shake off the feeling that winter is just round the corner. That’s why I wanted to make the most of the golds, reds, oranges and yellows glistening in the last warm sun rays…
1. I started by gathering my supplies, at least the ones I intended to use – I never know what will happen once I start crafting! Does that ever happen to you? 🙂
OK, so what have we got here?:
Stampendous Cling Pear Blossom, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Pearl, Distress Inks: Wild Honey & Vintage Photo, patterned papers, Core’dinations Gemstones Pearlescent cardstock and various adhesives: MyStik™, Thin and Regular white Foam Squares.
2. Prepare your card blank and front cardstock panel. Distress the edges with inks and paper distresser.
3. Run your adhesive at the back of the cardstock panel and adhere it to the card base. Did you know you can customise your MyStik dispenser with your most loved Stampendous stamps? I’ve shared ‘how’ in this post :).
4. Stamp your Pears with Coffee Archival onto white card or water colour paper. Colour your image with your favourite medium – I used Inktense pencils.
5. Spray your Pearl glimmer mist onto the image and while the mist is still wet, using a craft knife scrape off some pigment flakes from the pencil tip directly onto the image. The pigment will react with water and create lovely shimmery speckles and splatters.
6. Distress the edges with inks and paper distresser.
7. Sprinkle Aged Scarlet, Shabby White and Aged Ivory Embossing Enamels onto the image panel and heat from underneath using your heat gun.
8. Mat your stamped panel onto cardstock. As my card was quite thick and heavy I used Crafty Power Tape as my adhesive.
9. Next I applied thin foam squares to the back to add dimension to the stamped panel.
10. Then I die cut a picket fence from cardstock. As my fence was going to be mounted over different height elements I added some small foam squares (you can cut them in half if necessary) to the bottom part and run MyStik dots dispenser at the top.
11. Adhere the fence to the card.
12. Create a flower spray using May Arts ribbons and paper flowers. Adhere to the card with DODZ™ – 3D.
13. Mount some Scrabble alphas over burlap pieces with foam squares.
14. Decorate the foam shapes with ribbon….
15. Add accents with DODZ 3D decorated with crushed glass glitters – I used Fresh Green Glass Glitter.
16. Add further accents with Liquid Pearls.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my weekend tutorial and as always, feel free to share your thoughts and questions in the comments below. Thank you for popping in today and be sure to check out some more of the close up pictures on my blog!
Big crafty hugs