We have another great tutorial from Yana Smakula here today! She’s using our Jumbo Cling Rubber Butterfly Trio again to show how these super versatile stamps can even be a darling Valentine! Butterflies are just such a multi-use image with so many possibilites! Here’s one more that makes this set even more irresistible!
Hi everyone! BlogStar Yana Smakula here and today I have a quick and easy butterfly card using the new CRS5044 Jumbo Butterfly Trio stamp set and Black Glass Glitter.
I am honestly in love with these butterflies! They are so versatile, feels like I can use them over and over again on my cards.
As always, I made a few step by step images of how the card came together.
1. I first stamped the large butterfly twice on white cardstock and coloured with copic markers, cut the images out:
I wanted to layer one butterfly on top of another to give the card more dimension. I chose the orange one for the top and placed red one on the bottom.
2. I covered the middle part of orange butterfly with black crushed glass glitter. I used Zip Dry Paper Glue from Beacon Adhesives to hold the glitter:
3. Using a die from Spellbinder’s Paper Arts I cut a banner and stamped a sentiment from SSC1159 Rose Thoughts stamp set. Because my sentiment was straight and the banner had a curve to it I positioned acrylic block over the paper banner and placed the stamp on the block following the lines of the banner:
4. I adhered the banner to the butterfly and finished the card:
- CRS5044 Jumbo Butterfly Trio stamp set and SSC1159 Rose Thoughts stamp set;
- Black Crushed Glass Glitter;
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives);
- White cardstock (Dovecraft), green cardstock (Coredinations);
- Pattern paper (Echo Park);
- Die cutting machine and die (Spellbinders Paper Arts – Grand Calibur and Ribbon Banner S4-324)
- Sewing machine (Dragonfly).