I’ve recently attended a lovely beads and wire workshop to my repertoire, and I’ve decided to put my new skills into practice :). What I love most about this project is the combination of my all-time favourites – Stampendous stamps and Essentials, printed napkins and gorgeous jewellery bling!
My project was inspired by this month’s Essentials challenge at Stampendous blog. We’d love to see what you can make with Glass Glitter, Colour Fragments, Mica Fragments, Embossing Enamels, Glitters, etc. If you need to do any essential shopping pop over here to our Essential Boutique :).
And here are the step-by step instructions:
1. Stamp CRM285-R Cling Bluebird Branch onto a scrap paper (I used Tim Holtz shabby chic pack).
2. Colour the image with pencils or markers.
3. Layer on a couple of flowers cut out from a printed napkin.
4. Trim the card about 1cm larger than your acrylic fragment. Sprinkle the edges with Shabby White Embossing Enamel and heat with a heat gun from underneath.
5. Choose your desired shape from the Tim Holtz Fragments Charms and add a good amount of Glossy Accents to the acrylic fragment.
6. Sprinkle some Multi Crystal Mix Glitter onto Glossy Accents.
7. Layer your fragment onto your artwork and move around slightly to spread GA. Don’t worry, Glossy Accents dries clear so you won’t see any glue residue after it dries.
8. When dry, cut around the fragment with a craft knife and sand the edges gently. Cover the back of the paper with Glossy Accents to seal your pendant. When dry, paint the edges with a silver acrylic paint, if desired.
9. Repeat the above for the ear rings, using small TH fragments.
11. Add more GA on top and sides and sprinkle with Multi Crystal Mix Glitter. Tap off the excess.
12. Using beads and wire assemble your necklace and ear rings.
(Lucky) 13. And… enjoy wearing them! lol 😉
If you are new to Fran•táge beauties, why don’t you try the lovely Treasure Kits, with a selection of coordinating essential products. They are absolutely fabulous! Check out the Glitter Kit, Embossing Kit and Mica Kit.
I hope you’ll like my Essential Saturday inspiration and I look forward to seeing what you create. I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun playing with glitters and powders, I certainly have! Look at that sparkle – I love it!