So our deadline is this Friday for our BlogStar Guest Design Team Call. We’re reposting the requirements and such below for those who missed the details. Because you asked, I also added a note about International Fans!
Wanna Be a BlogStar?
It’s that time again when we put out the call for 4 new designers who would like to join our team of wacky, wonderful, talented artists for 3 months!
BlogStars create one project and a blog post tutorial for it each week. The term of this next team will be July, August and September with the first post due on Thursday, July 5th and the final post due on Thursday, September 27th.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what we need you to have:
- A blog – it can be a fairly new one, but you do need one – they’re free.
- Clear, friendly writing skills – we love to communicate with our customers and each other.
- Photography skills – we don’t make you mail us the projects, so we need clear, in-focus, well lit, beautiful photos of your projects and the yummy details.
- A love for Stampendous! We want to see that you enjoy and use our products often. We need our biggest fans on our teams!
- Style! Your style can be your own, but we do choose team members based on good composition, sense of color, use of product and other criteria!
Here’s what our BlogStars need to do:
- Submit one project each week for 3 months (July, August, September) via email
- Projects due by Thursday each week
- Projects must include beautiful photos
- Projects must include complete, easy to understand directions
- Projects must FOCUS on Stampendous products and images
- Project should be incorporated into a fully formed and written “guest blog post”
- Post your projects on your blog and in other places like:
- Forums such as Splitcoaststampers, Paper Craft Planet, SNR, etc.
- Facebook, Pinterest, and/or Twitter
- Enter your projects in other people’s challenges as applicable
- Participate in our Monthly Challenges as your schedule allows
- Join our Yahoo Group/Facebook Group for communications during your term
Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- We’ll send you a selection of new and classic Stampendous stamp images and Essentials to use on your projects.
- We’ll send you some goodies to keep or give away as blog candy.
- We’ll put your bio and picture on our website as one of our BlogStars
- We’ll link our blog to your blog at every opportunity.
- We’ll offer you the opportunity for other goodies during your term as we partner with other craft corporations in blog partnerships.
Here’s what you have to do to apply:
- Create three projects using Stampendous products.
- They don’t all have to be cards, we love scrapbook pages, 3D items, out of the box ideas, home decor!
- They can all use the same Stampendous stamps, use what you have.
- Your Stampendous products don’t have to be still available for these projects.
- One project should have complete instructions and be emailed to us as a Word Document or similar document (any version). Your document should be a fully formed “guest” blog post tutorial.
- You should submit beautiful, well-lit, in-focus photos of all of your projects.
- We’ll need your:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Blog URL
- Previous Applicants and BlogStars are always eligible to apply again.
- You must live in the United States or have a U.S. mailing address like Puerto Rico, APO, FPO, etc. Sorry! We hate excluding our international fans, but shipping and customs requirements make shipping items internationally prohibitively expensive for this program.****
Get stamping! We need your applications by 5pm PDT, June 15th in order to make our selection and get products out to you in time for the first deadline. Email the items above to email@example.com
We can’t wait to see what you make!!
****A Note for our International Friends:
I know it says you have to have a US Mailing address, and here are the details on that because folks have asked me –
You CAN be a BlogStar with an international mailing address BUT:
- You will get only ONE box from us of goodies – other BlogStars periodically get more goodies sent to them as events arise. The postage is just too expensive (more than the value of the products in the box in most cases).
- You won’t get anything that can raise eyes at Customs – they get really worried about liquids and powders and such.
- Customs MAY hold your package and they MAY charge you to release it, and we can’t help you with that. We’ve had folks incur as much as $30 – $50 US dollars charge before their packages could be released.
- You may have to GO wherever they are to GET this package if they hold it. We can’t help you with that either.
- If you want to apply, go ahead, and I’ll TRY to send you one box if you’re selected.
So, you see, it may not be worth your while if you’re an international fan… it isn’t that we don’t WANT you…it’s that we don’t want you to be THIS inconvenienced. BTW – we ARE working on this. Soon our website hosting company will begin to allow gift cards AND international shipping… we are eagerly awaiting the day we can make this easier on everyone!!