Say “Thank You” to your darling friend with a Dahlia card! That would be a DAHLing friend. Another hybrid. Suzanne, you’re on a roll. Yesterday’s Hydrangium (hydrangea/geranium) and today DAHLing friend (Dahlia/darling). Alright, I admit, the DAHLing thing wasn’t Suzanne’s doing. Just thought I’d add to the whole hybrid thing she started yesterday.
Beautiful card Suzanne. Thank You for sharing it with all of us.
“I can’t get enough of the jumbo flowers. This time I stamped the Dahlia over pattern paper to allow the ledger to show through and add texture. I used an unusual color palette to provide a little fun color to my card.” – Suzanne Czosek
- Stamp Dahlia onto pattern paper using grey ink.
- Color with watercolor pencils shading with gray pencil fading out to gold. Highlight with white gel pen.
- Sponge pattern paper with blue dye ink.
- Stamp thank you by curving clear stamp to fit the outline of flower with gray ink.
- Punch butterflies with pattern paper and gray card stock. Accent with clear gem.
- Layer paper and card stock. Tie with twine.