Melinda Gleissner made these incredibly cute cards for Halloween.
Usually, I want to get rid of cobwebs in the window frames; but in this case…let’s leave ’em. Soooooo cute!
I’m Goin’ Batty
OK, for any of you who know me, that ship sailed ages ago. I’m Goin’ Batty is the sentiment included in this Stampendous stamp set called Cling Batty Owls.
Isn’t the font cool? I paired the owls with another great Stampendous set, Cling Spider Web to create this window card. Everyone loves window cards and I’m no exception. But I must admit they intimidate me so I created this pseudo/faux window card by placing all of the layers onto the front of my card base. As for the two bats with glowing eyes, they are another Stampendous product. You can’t tell from my photograph but they are velvet stickers with a tiny piece of Copic-colored scrap paper behind them. If you haven’t tried Stampendous Class A Peel stickers, you really must. They come in all sorts of designs and textures and are so versatile. You can even use them as masks.
Thanks for visiting!
Paper: My Mind’s Eye Mischievous (patterned paper); Copic X-Press It Blending Card; card stock (unknown)
Copic Markers: YR12/YR14/YR18/BV000/BV00/BV20/C0/C1/C3/C5
Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles Nestabilities Dies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Archival Jet Black; Ranger Pumice Stone Distress Ink
1. Create an A2 card base with corresponding black mat.
2. Using two different sizes of Wonky Rectangles dies and patterned paper create the mat with window, the window frame and insert.
3. Distress the edges of the insert and the mat with the window by rubbing Pumice Stone ink around the edges.
4. Stamp the cobweb on two of the corners of the mat and also on the insert using Jet Black ink.
5. Stamp the owls on the insert and then again on Copic X-Press It Blending Card; Color the image that is stamped on the Blending Card and cut it out.
6. Adhere the insert to the center of the black mat; Using foam adhesive, adhere the cut-out owls to the insert (line up the images).
7. Glue the black window frame to the mat with the window; Using foam adhesive, adhere this mat to the black mat; Adhere all to the card base.
8. Stamp the sentiment on the inside of the card.
9. Select two stickers; using baby powder, powder the back of the stickers to cover the adhesive.
10. Color a scrap of X-Press It Blending Card; Cut into two pieces and adhere a piece to the back of each sticker.
11. Adhere the bats to the card.
I will be entering this in this week’s Our Creative Corner Challenge.