Blog Star Melinda Gleissner, made this beautiful Bless You Card, perfect for anyone’s first day back to school. How encouraged would a teacher be to receive a card on the first day of school; or an unexpected surprise for a child to find in their lunch pail. What a great start for a new school year!
“Here’s a quick card I wanted to share. It’s made with two terrific Stampendous stamps, the “Shine on You” sentiment and the “Tiled Quad Cube”. Again I used my Stampendous Midnight Black embossing powder. I wish it came in a large, say peanut butter sized jar. I just can’t get enough of it. It’s by far, my favorite black embossing powder. “
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black ink
Ranger Shabby Shutters & Peeled Paint Distress ink
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalk Shimmers
- Create an A2 card base out of white card stock.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp one of the tiles several times on card base; Dust with a gold chalk.
- Stamp sentiment using the Jet Black ink.
- Create the green tile background by inking a piece of white paper with both Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Flick with water.
- When dry, stamp the tile image with Versamark and sprinkle with embossing powder; melt with heat tool.
- Trim tile image and mat on both white and black card stock.
- Adhere to card base.