Our new BlogStars are chomping at the bit, ready to see their creations “in print” so to speak. They’re super excited, and no wonder, they have some serious “stampy yumminess” coming their way as part of our BlogStar team. But they can’t even wait for me to send their goodies, they’re running out to buy the stuff, now! Hee hee.
We’d love to start by introducing you to Suzanne Czosek!
Suzanne has an incredible style that we’re already nuts about at Stampendous! According to Suzanne’s blog – Suzz’s Stamping Spot she’s a mother of 3 kids and 2 dogs and has a wonderful husband who encourages this talent she shares so freely! She’s on Design Teams for Memory Box, Verses Rubber Stamps, Artistic Outpost, and Chapel Road Art Stamps. Her first post today is a real keeper featuring our incredible CRS5001 Cling Jumbo Peony. This stamp is available on our website, at your local stamp store, and in your local Michael’s craft store.
Suzanne had this to say about her amazing card:
I love the jumbo clings and flowers are definitely some of my favorite images to play with! The Peony inspired me to stamp on a surface that would allow me to crinkle and give the flower a layered body. I dug through my vintage books and pulled out an old dictionary. I scour our local library as they have a used book section where you can buy books, maps, and other paper items which are always great for re-cycling and at a really good deal! I ripped out several pages from the dictionary to use for my flower and my background. The only negative to the dictionary pages is you have to watch what letters and words you have in your background.
Products Used: Stampendous Cling Jumbo Peony Set CRS5001, Dictionary Pages, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Viva Pink, Stampendous Ultra Fine Crystal Glitter, Glue Stick, Black Glittery Sticker Letters, May Arts White Silk Ribbon, Charm, White Twine, Ranger Black Archival Ink, White gel Pen, Memento Grey Dye Ink
- Stamp Peony four times on dictionary pages.
- Spray Glimmer Mist over stamped images and papers. Let dry.
- Cut out peony from one page. Cut out pieces of peony from other pages and layer. Apply by gluing down only along the bottom edges. Start from the inside layer at top of flower and work your way to the bottom.
- Cut 5” x 5” piece of dictionary paper for background.
- Sponge edges with grey dye ink. Tear edges randomly.
- Unscrew top of Glimmer Mist and flick pink randomly on background.
- Stamp flourish using black ink several times to create the vines in the background.
- Cut card base from black card stock 11” x 5 ½”. Score and fold in half.
- Attach background dictionary page to front of card.
- Tie ribbon around bottom of card into a bow.
- Pop Dot flower and attach to front of card.
- Glue dot Statice and insert behind flower.
- Tie twine in charm and attach to center of bow.
- Apply sticker along right side to spell sentiment.
Wow, Suzanne! Great beginning to our new BlogStars team! We’re excited to have you on board!
Notice the gorgeous May Arts Ribbon that Suzanne used! Well, guess what! Stampendous is joining with May Arts next week for a week of projects featuring their wonderful ribbons. Be sure to be here Monday, July 11 when we kick off our blogging partnership and announce the great goodies to be won on both companies blogs, Facebook pages and Twitter feeds. Our design teams have outdone themselves. Hint: the Stampendous Design Team used all new stamps being released at July CHA, so this will also be a super sneak peek at their beautiful work and our amazing new products!