As I ran into traffic this morning from the local school I pass daily, driving to work today. I made myself a mental note to change my driving route starting tomorrow. The kids looked to happy to be back, all ready for a new school year. So sad to see summer end, yet a relief all the same.
Cindy Coutts, our Stampendous Blog Star, make this very cute End of Summer Card. A childless tree swing is a sure sign that school is in session again.
Here’s what she used:
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink (Stamper’s Select White), Stampin’ Up! (Pool Party)
Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Nutmeg)
Ink Pads: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Markers/Colored Pencils/Chalk: Stampin’ Up! ( Stampin’ Pastels)
Buttons: Papertrey Ink Vintage Button Collection (Ocean Tides)
Ribbon/Twine: Papertrey Ink (Rustic Jute)
Spellbinders Paper Arts Nestabilities: Assorted Leaves
Machine(s)/Tool(s): ProvoCraft Cuttlebug, Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen, We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (1/2”)
Technique: Coloring with chalk, die-cutting, dry embossing, punching
Size: 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
1. Cut light blue card stock to A2 size so that the crease is at the left side and round the top two corners.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper 1/8” less than A2 size and round the top two corners, then adherer to the base of the card.
3. Cut a piece of light blue card stock to 4-3/8 x 3-3/8 and round the top two corners.
4. Cut a piece of white card stock to 4-1/4 x 3-1/4, stamp image with black ink and round the top two corners
5. Color in the image using various chalks with a blender pen then adhere to the light blue card stock.
6. Place dimensional tape on the back of the image panel and adhere to the card at the far right.
7. Die-cut and dry emboss a leaf shape onto designer paper. Stamp sentiment at the top of the leaf shape with black ink. Adhere to the top left of the sentiment panel with foam dots.
8. Tie a bow through a light blue button with twine and adhere to the lower left portion of the leaf.
Filed under: Cindy Coutts, Cling Rubber Stamps, Kids & Teens, Perfectly Clear Stamps, Summer | Tagged: back to school card, blog, blog star, card, Card Making, cards, cindy coutts, Clear Stamps, cling rubber, cling stamps, fall, rubber, rubber stamp, Rubber Stamps, stampendous, Summer, swing, tree, tree swing, Wood Stamps | 4 Comments »