Kristine Reynolds has a beautiful card for us today. Here at Stampendous lots of our kids are musical, so we’re always excited when we see what she’s done with our music stamps. Her kids are musical, too…and here’s her story about this card:
My son and I went to University North Texas last weekend for their Spring Open House. They have a top ranked Jazz Studies program there that my son is really interested in. While we were there the head of the department met with us to answer our questions and took some time to listen to my son play his trumpet and give him some feedback. I appreciate the time he took with us and wanted to send him a note to thank him. This is the card I came up with.
a little note by Kristine Reynolds
R103 Music Score
N070 Wavy Music
K028 Just a Note…
Recollections Black card stock
Mohawk 80# smooth white card stock
Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink
Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink
Dots & Dashes Ribbon
Spellbinders circle dies
1) Sponge Antique Linen ink randomly on a 4″ x 5 1/4″ white panel and adhere to a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ top folding black card.
2) Stamp Music Score in black ink on a 3 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ white panel.
3) Sponge Antique Linen ink randomly on stamped panel to create aged look. Back panel with a slightly larger black panel.
4) Wrap polka dot ribbon around the left side of the music score panel and then adhere to the left side of the card as shown
5) Die Cut a white circle panel and sponge Antique Linen ink randomly on it before backing with a slightly larger black die cut circle and then adhere to card front.
6) Stamp Wavy Music image on a white scrap and cut out around edges. Sponge Antique Linen ink randomly across image and then adhere across circle panel as shown
7) Ink half the sentiment stamp with black ink and stamp on lower right corner and then ink the other half of the stamp and stamp above that.
Filed under: BlogStars, Cling Rubber Stamps, Craft Projects, Everyday, Friendship, Kids & Teens, Kristine Reynolds, Rubber Stamps, Scrapbook, Wood Stamps | Tagged: blog, card, cards, cling rubber, cling stamps, music, music teacher, paper, paper craft, Paper Crafts, Perfectly Clear Stamps, rubber, rubber stamp, Rubber Stamps, Scrapbook, scrapbooking, stamp, stampendous, stamping, stamps, Wood Stamps, woodmounted stamps | 7 Comments »