Stampendous graphic artist, Gennifer Lewis, was poking around the nook full of past projects at the Stampendous headquarters, hoping to get some inspiration for a gift. She wanted to make something to give to her boyfriend who was taking a road trip from California to New York. She found a project design team member, Pam Hornschu, had made for Father’s Day and repurposed it into a happy trails pail full of snacks for the road. Since it is Summer and that means road trip season, we thought this would make the perfect little bon voyage present to make for a friend or family member who was taking a trip. And it can actually be made for someone who is flying rather than driving by switching the US roadmap to a world map and using these stamps instead of road trip themed stamps.
Stampendous Supplies Used:
- SSC163 Travel Notes Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
- Large Rectangle Acrylic Handle
- C196 little post rubber stamp
- A207 little sun rubber stamp
- AA114 little sweetie rubber stamp
- A205 little car rubber stamp
- J119 Camera rubber stamp
- Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink Pad
- 1oz. bottle of Gold Fine Jewel Glitter
- Cut 1 ¾” x 12” strip of road map. Crumple, flatten, and then wipe Pearlescent Beige ink over crumpled surface direct from pad. Sponge edges with Coffee Bean ink. Adhere strip over 2” x 12” strip of Rich Luscious Lime cardstock. Sponge edges of lime cardstock strip with Coffee Bean ink. Adhere layered strips to 2¾” x 12” strip off roll cork and then to 3” x 12” strip of Rich Coffee Brown cardstock.
- Punch 1/16” hole at each end of layered strips. Punch two green 1” circles and sponge edges with brown ink. Punch center with 1/16” hole punch. Insert brad fasteners through circles and ends of strips to attach. Tie one end of 12” of cotton cording to one brad fastener and wrap cording around both fasteners in figure eight fashion to attach layered strip to pail. If desired, cut ½ circle segments from sides of strip to accommodate attached handle on pail.
- Cut 2 ¾” circle from road map, crumple and ink as instructed in Step 1. Adhere to 3” green circle. Sponge edges with brown ink. Adhere to 3 ¼” cork circle and then to pail using Zip Dry glue.
- Stamp desired stamp images on white cardstock using black ink. Color and shade with colored pencils. Cut out and attach to strip with Sticky Squares.
- Stamp tag shape from Travel Notes Perfectly Clear Stamp set using black ink onto Rich Luscious Lime cardstock and cut out. Cut out center rectangle and adhere a 3″ x 2″ rectangle cut out of white cardstock with your message hand-written on the front. Use a glue pen to adhere gold glitter to the buckle. Stamp another tag shape onto Rich Luscious Lime cardstock but mask the inside rectangles. Cut out and use Zip Dry glue to glue to the back of the first tag with both tags being around the pail handle.
- Embellish handle with various ribbons, and cording.
Filed under: Essentials, Perfectly Clear Stamps, Rubber Stamps, Wood Stamps | Tagged: bon voyage present, car, Clear Pail, Clear Stamps, gift, pail, road trip, roadtrip, rubber stamp, stampendous, travel | 1 Comment »