Yana Smakula’s beautifully clear tutorials, great photography, and adorable, doable cards have made her such a fantastic BlogStar. We’re so grateful for all of the gorgeous cards she’s shared with us during her term. We sure hope some of you are following her blog, even though she’s in the Ukraine, Google is happy to translate her blog to English for you! And we sure hope Yana is going to stay on as a fan of Stampendous and continue sharing our fun stamps with her followers! Thanks so much, Yana, for your wonderful cards and projects and your valuable tips that made better stampers out of all of us! You are appreciated!
Hi everyone! BlogStar Yana Smakula
here! I think this card for a chilly Winter makes such a lovely girlie card!
To create the card I used:
As always, here are a few step by step photos and instructions:
1. I stamped the little kiddo on white cardstock, coloured with Copic markers (E37, B00, B02, YR04, R24, R35, E000, E00, E33, YG67, C1) and cut out leaving a small white border:
2. I stamped large snowflake from the SSC1148 Kiddo Snow Globe
stamp set on vellum and heat embossed with Winter Wonderland
embossing powder. I wasn’t very careful about it as I knew I wanted to cut out the snowflakes:
3. I than cut out the snowflakes to be used as little embellishments on the card. Having the snowflakes stamped on vellum makes them translucent which adds a nice touch to any winter card:
4. I trimmed a piece of pattern paper and stitched may arts twill ribbon
in the middle portion of the paper:
5. Finally I added the label, little kiddo and sentiment to the card and embellished it with snowflakes and blue gems:
Filed under: 1, BlogStars, Christmas, Embossing, Kiddos, Kids & Teens, Perfectly Clear Stamps, Rubber Stamps, Winter, Yana Smakula Tagged: | blog, card, Card Making, cards, Christmas, clear stamp, Clear Stamps, emboss, embossing powder, paper, paper craft, perfectly clear stamp, Perfectly Clear Stamps, stamp, stampendous, stamping, stamps